Wallboards have been used in the contact center for many years and there is often discussion around what KPIs to broadcast and how to improve contact center wallboards to make metrics more actionable. When the information displayed is simple and quickly grasped it results in a variety of benefits.
- Increase Sales - By providing real-time KPIs you can motivate sales representatives to surpass their goals. Showing metrics of all sales representatives can also create healthy competition to be a top seller.
- Easier Management of Representatives - By broadcasting metrics, agent will take more accountability. Managers can also move more easily around the contact center while viewing KPIs and customized alerts on the wallboard.
- Display Real-Time Data - By providing real-time data managers and supervisors can make decisions on the fly to solve emerging issues as they arise.
- Monitor SLAs - A Service Level Agreement (SLA) is a commitment to provide service at the preset service level. Service level (SL) is a key performance indicator that reflects a share of queued calls answered before a target threshold. It is usually displayed as percentage and a threshold value: 80%/20 sec.
- Improve Agent Performance/Engagement - When agents are presented with real-time information they can make quick and informed responses. Representatives feel more valuable when given the tools and information need to perform their jobs with more autonomy.
- Boost Morale - Including metrics on top performing representatives and gamification can increase morale and motivate underperforming representatives. Morale of teams will also increase as KPIs improve as a result of broadcasting.
- Improve Customer Satisfaction - by broadcasting trending topics, complaints and concerns on the wallboard, managers and agents can proactively solve customer issues.
Although there are numerous benefits to wallboards in the contact centers, they can also be distracting to the agents if the wrong information is being displayed. Stay tuned for Part 2 of this blog series to learn the best practices for wallboards.
Bright Patterns customizable wallboards empower agents access to real-time data in order to sell more and provide better service.